[Talk-GB] route relations type=road

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Sat Dec 5 00:54:07 UTC 2015

Hi

I know this has been discussed before , but recent edits by user:
abc26324 <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/abc26324> prompts me to
ask/verify again the point of road relations in the UK. Example:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/103301#map=10/51.2112/-2.5578

Route relations are meant to represent, err... routes taken by people
that transverse multiple different ways; such as bus cycle etc & not
just a 'collection' of things, especially when they can easily be
collated/extracted from the ref on the actual way.

I notice even the M4/M5 have one apiece. This has lead to tag
duplication which can never be a good thing.

Are there any roads in GB where references are shared? If not, I see no
reason for their existence.

Dave F.

---