[Talk-GB] ITO World - OSM OS Locator Analysis

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Fri Dec 11 22:17:51 UTC 2015

Hi Philip,

Do you have a specific example where the not:names are not working? The left hand column on http://product.itoworld.com/product/data/osm_analysis/area?name=Cambridge has a list of the streets where the not name has been used, so that the Ordnance Survey can use that information as part of the feedback loop, and to allow later review.

I’ve looked at a few examples in the roads missing list, and for the road http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/4076126 the comment on the last changeset suggests that there should be a not:name added to the street. I’ve not seen an example where there is a not:name which is not interpreted, and would be interested in any such examples.

The daily updates are from the OSM data, so within 1 or 2 days any changes that you make to OSM should show up in OSM Analysis. The updates to the OS data are done manually, which I’ve just done for the November 2015 data, and should be picked up in the next update. This will mean there will likely be a little jump in the numbers of unnamed roads. (Sorry for the delay in updating, I’ve been on paternity leave this past couple of weeks.)

Shaun
Developer
ITO World