[Talk-GB] import / mech edit of some Aberdeen city council open data

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 21:31:02 UTC 2015

Hi Jo,

How do you know it's OGL licensed? I went to try and find the licence
and I found this page:
http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/open_data/education_learning.asp
where the licence is stated to be CC-BY-SA-3, which cannot be imported
into OSM (because the SA constraint means it can't be relicensed as
ODBL). I can't be certain that I found the "same" schools data (...in
fact it has 72 vs 70 items in it...), but I guess at some point the
imports-list would demand proper proof that it's available under a
compatible licence. They'd also ask how the lat/lon were found (did it
involve OS? google?), since that's been an issue with some imports.

>From my point of view, this is a simple and small dataset and I
personally would not object to an import as long as duplicates were
avoided etc. Others probably feel different. It's mainly the licence
question for me. Oh and I don't live anywhere near Aberdeen ;)

Best
Dan