[Talk-GB] OS OpenData now OGL

Jo Walsh metazool at fastmail.net
Wed Feb 18 18:04:45 UTC 2015

I asked @owenboswarva on Twitter who is an active voice whom i trust on
open government data issues, and he said this:

"IMO the only significant difference is v3 explicitly permits re-users
to list multiple attributions via a URI or link. ...the differences are
mostly just tidier syntax. If you are happy v2 is compatible with OdBL
(IMO it is) then v3 is also."

zx
Jo Walsh metazool at fastmail.net

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015, at 12:04 AM, Rob Nickerson wrote:
> On 17 February 2015 at 23:57, Matthijs Melissen
> <info at matthijsmelissen.nl> wrote:

I could imagine that OGL-3 has imported OS ODL's clause on

sublicensing that caused incompatibility with ODbL, which would make

OGL-3 incompatible with ODbL.Do we have confirmation that this is not

the case, i.e. that OGL-3 and ODbL are compatible?

-- Matthijs