[Talk-GB] Second Nottingham Mapping Meetup: 14th March

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 14:09:19 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I've just put the basic details
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nottingham/Mapping_Meetup> of the
follow-up to Hanbury for 2 weeks time. This will be in the far north of
Nottinghamshire which has had very little ground survey work done (as can
be seen by the fact that the pub I've chosen for lunch is not mapped).

This will be more focused on the social side and more on maximising amount
of footpath mapping. I have followed Rob's idea and created a static U-map
<http://umap.openstreetmap.fr/en/map/prow-north-notts_30614#13/53.4101/-0.8871>
of the area with overlays of Notts CC PRoW data and what was in OSM this
morning. There are several obvious loops from Gringley (NE to Everton and
back through Wiseton, S to Clayworth & back SE towards Beckingham, and a
longer loop through Walkeringham & Beckingham to NE).

I really liked the (unplanned) way that Brian could just come for lunch, so
have pretty much followed the same pattern. Just hope the weather is a bit
better. We plan to contact people who have started mapping in the area
fairly recently and suggest they might join us then.

If you fancy coming (and it probably suits S Yorks mappers more than
Midlands one) just add your name to the wiki.

Cheers,

Jerry