[Talk-GB] Hanbury Meeting

Dudley Ibbett dudleyibbett at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 4 20:58:38 UTC 2015

I would also like to add my thanks.  It was good to meet up with others.  The format, of walking together, stopping for lunch and then splitting up to cover more ground worked well for me.   I did overlap a little with Andy but it was good to walk West and fully appreciate Hanbury's location.   I wonder if there is a way we could coordinate seperate surverying next time.

I've put my GPS trace on OSM and will fill in the footpaths and any additional details but it probably wont be until the end of the week.  I'm happy to fill in the gaps.  It seems buildings and field boundaries have already been added around Draycott so it shouldn't be a big task.  Thanks to those that have already done this.

There appears to be a couple of trees in the road in Hanbury.  Junction between Hanbury Hill and Martin's Lane!   http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/52.84721/-1.74407

I was wondering about the highway classification.  Hanbury Hill is tertiary but not much wider than a single lane.  Wood Lane is unclassified but it actually a "wider" road.  i.e. two lanes with white lines.  It seems this may be the main route into Hanbury from the A515.  Should this also be tertiary?

Regards

Dudley