[Talk-GB] OSM UK Qarterly Project: Fix that Road name!

Pmailkeey . pmailkeey at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 13 21:46:15 UTC 2015

I'm not sure what a "Qarterly" Project is but...

On 13 January 2015 at 15:26, Brian Prangle <bprangle at gmail.com> wrote:

> We're two weeks in to this experiment and it would be good to hear any
> feedback.
>
> In the West Midlands since we started this project in this quarter we've
> completed Wolverhampton Walsall and Sandwell. Wolverhampton was done by
> contacting a user on the ground to check a road name, which they did.
> Dudley still has 4 roads to correctly name (3 of them on what looks like a
> new development - so one visit might complete the town).
>
> Coventry still has 38 names to go and has proved a perennial challenge to
> us - none of the regulars at our mappa mercia meeting lives or works there
> and it's proven difficult to enthuse mappers on the ground in the past but
> we shall try again - 38 names is not a lot after all! Perhaps we'll contact
> some local community groups.
>
> Let us know what you've been doing and any ideas you've got to accelerate
> progress on this task
>
> If any folk from ITOworld are reading this - can we have an update on the
> data please? The previousone was on 3rd Jan.

There are devious means to get hold of data.

New development - visit the developer's website. They often have site plans
- although numbering may be plot numbers than house numbers.

Definitive map for public rights of way - I suspect will be publicly
available nationally county by county. Includes house names and numbers -
but do evaluate the data as it's not nececcerily accureate.[!!]

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property
& pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>