[Talk-GB] Fwd: Underground services

Pmailkeey . pmailkeey at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 13 22:24:16 UTC 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Pmailkeey . <pmailkeey at googlemail.com>
Date: 2 January 2015 at 00:04
Subject: Underground services
To: talk-gb <Talk-GB at openstreetmap.org>

Hi Again,

Carry-over from previous message: "plotting X,Y,Z (unit .5m/5m dashed lines
purple, blue, yellow, brown, brown and black orange

Underground services - I don't think there's much on these yet so how about:

Purple for comms
Yellow - gas
Orange - electric
Blue - fresh water
Dark brown for foul sewerage
Light brown for surface water
Mid brown for a 'combined' sewer (both of the previous 2)

Pipes to have diameter and fall (slope) tags

And a depth indication...

Here's my suggestions:

Based on a 'unit' of 500mm of depth, an elec service at 1m deep would
appear: (2 lengths of colour, 8 of 'no colour')
or alternative format

Comms @3m deep: (i.e. 6 half-metre units)

or
______________________________________

etc.

Also, how do I go about getting a new set of sewer symbols e.g.

Sewer - foul
Sewer - surface   - - - - diameter; fall, depth(m) direction
Sewer - combined
Sewer - gully - - - - type/ weir etc.
Sewer - septic tank
Sewer - pump(ing station)
Sewer - manhole - - - type, shape(round, square, triangle, multi-lid)
Sewer - Inspection chamber

etc.

I've a cousin that's seriously into drains and once I know this list can be
generated, I'll ask her for what's necessary to accurately map and maintain
them.
Cheers.

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property
& pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>