[Talk-GB] Modeling gas networks Re: Fwd: Underground services

_B lists at j12.org
Wed Jan 21 05:50:30 UTC 2015

Talking of underground gas mains:
http://corporate.northerngasnetworks.co.uk/job-opportunities/distribution-validation-assistant/

If any of you, or any one you know, maybe interested in that role and want to know more get back to me either by email, or feel free to ring Northern Gas Networks to ask speak to manager for that team.

Also one can get idea of where leads from other positions offered (now closed) in that team such as:
http://corporate.northerngasnetworks.co.uk/job-opportunities/distribution-validation-analyst-and-modeller/

As for mapping utilities in general there was a lot of hope for new techniques to find unrecorded pipes and cables, that has yet to be realised to degree hoped.

http://www.mappingtheunderworld.ac.uk/
http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/mtu/

In meantime those that wish to know where underground assets are recorded at the moment, often as digital maps based on previous paper maps, can contact 'Dial Before You Dig' departments of major utility companies, as well as shared web portals, for vast array of other companies that own assets under ground:
Linesearch: http://www.linesearchbeforeudig.co.uk/

Also see HSG47 : Avoiding danger from underground services
http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/books/hsg47.htm

Cheers,
Micah

--
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail.