[Talk-GB] Data search request: help please

SomeoneElse lists at atownsend.org.uk
Thu Jan 22 22:15:37 UTC 2015

On 22/01/2015 21:59, Andy Mabbett wrote:
> I need some help, please.
>
> I want to compile a list of all the pubs (including taverns bars, etc)
> in the UK, with the word "Louise" as part of the name.
Do you mean in the UK, or in OSM in the UK?

> How might I do this, given that I am not a coder?

My first thought was that if you meant "in OSM" you could just try:

http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org.uk/search?q=louise#values

There are few enough pages that you can scan the results manually:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/164418353

http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/97237916

but that seems a much smaller number than I was expecting...

Cheers,

Andy