[Talk-GB] Fix the road name! Progress Report

Brian Prangle bprangle at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 12:56:11 UTC 2015

Thanks to ITOworld for fixing the problem with OSM Analysis - we now have
some data to workon

Well done to the folk in:

City of Leicester, Bradford, Darlington, Redcar and Cleveland, Hartlepool,
Shetland Islands, Sheffield,  Berwick upon Tweed, Rutland and Guildford

You are our leaders in our first quarterly project.

How about Liverpool, Fife, Rotherham, and Manchester, all with over 200
road name errors, getting up amongst the leaders?

A challenge to anyone with coding skills:

*Can we take the data on which ITOworld work, from where  the data shown
above comes, to make it personal, so we can see who is doing the editing-
similar to the daily "leader board" for Irish townlands
<http://www.townlands.ie/progress/activity/>?*
We have corrected 247 road names in the last week. So if we continue at
this rate we should have completed another 2,223 by the end of the quarter.
Let's see if we can build on this and make a bigger dent in the task.
Otherwise we'll still have another year and a half to complete it - and
that's without the OS Locator updates adding more corrections.

Regards

Brian