[Talk-GB] Disclaimer

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 15:41:39 UTC 2015

On 28/01/15 01:13, Neil Matthews wrote:
> Do we need an OSM disclaimer -- I've just had a mail from a gentleman
> enquiring why an underground powerline
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/127968407/history#map=17/51.50283/-2.55462
> was drawn on OSM -- as he didn't want to buy a house on top of it and
> Western Power told him the powerline couldn't be there! I think he
> joined OSM just to message me?!?

When I lived in Hillingdon I wanted to build a garage at the bottom of
the garden. The OS maps showed a storm water drain running through the
next property and under the track behind where I wanted to build. I had
to dig down and show that we were clear of that drain ... except it was
6' further over ... right under the corner of the garage. So now there
is a wooden porch which can be taken down if they need access. Bottom
line - even the OS maps can't be taken as accurate!

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL