[Talk-GB] Ways to get a big image of the world?

Filip Chirita Rares Cristian chirita.rares at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 12:30:03 UTC 2015

Hi,

Steven, thank you for the suggestion. I'm installing QGIS now but I've
never used it before.

Marc, yes. I mentioned that page in my initial email. I can't seem to get
Bigmap to work :(

Regards,
Rares

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 2:57 PM, Marc Gemis <marc.gemis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Did you look at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_on_Paper ?
> There is also http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Bigmap, which is also
> mentioned on
> https://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/22/how-do-i-export-map-images-of-larger-areas
>
> I hope you find a tool suitable for you.
>
> regards

> On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 10:48 AM, Filip Chirita Rares Cristian <
> chirita.rares at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Long time no talk. I have a question: is there any easy (does not require
>> programming) of getting an OSM render of an area of my choice to *any*
>> size? I want to get an A0 poster of the world for my room up and OSM seems
>> like the best choice, really.
>>
>> Let me know if you know of anything, I checked this page:
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_on_Paper and the best I could
>> find was walking papers but that's only as big as A3.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Rares

Life is not the amount of times you breathe, is the moments that take your
breath away.

To all things comes an end. And to all things comes a beginning.

Cred in inspirat, nu in expirat. in vise, nu in somn. In trait, nu in
existat.