[Talk-GB] Ramblers app

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.co.uk
Wed Jul 15 10:13:51 UTC 2015

On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 09:06:14 +0000
phil at trigpoint.me.uk wrote:

> On Wed Jul 15 09:37:19 2015 GMT+0100, Rob Nickerson wrote:
> > Looks interesting. Anyone know more information about this?
> >
> > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33532041
> >
> The big pathwatch runs until October,  is open to both the general public and ramblers members alike. The aim is to survey paths with a 1km grid square and upload the results either through the app, or on the website.
>
> Any square can be chosen,  however there are key squares that must be completed based on a sample of 200 per highway authority.  I'm not convinced by this as rural areas have sparse coverage,  and urban areas have complete coverage. Telford,  semi rural has the same number of squares as Shropshire and Leicestershire, and the lax planning rules caused by the new towns act will, I am sure, bring up some interesting results.
>
> I have downloaded the app, not too sure yet, can only highlight a bad stile, not a good one.
>
> More here
> http://www.ramblers.org.uk/get-involved/join-the-big-pathwatch.aspx
>
> Key squares here, only visible if not logged in
> https://bigpathwatch.ramblers.org.uk/map-of-sample-squares
>
> Please do sign up, and complete some squares and add to OSM at the same time.
>
> Phil (trigpoint )

The app doesn't work on my 'phone, Samsung Galaxy Ace, too old, like me.  I wanted to report presence of hogweed on the web reporting pages, seems to be no (obvious) means to do so.  Does that come under Intimidating-Other or Obtructions-Other?

Not really looking for answers here, just saying.

Mike (lostmike)

--
Use PGP.
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x00CDB13500D7AB53