[Talk-GB] place gazetteer

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Thu Jun 4 09:10:28 UTC 2015

Looking through a few is_in links, I'm finding the odd mistake in
hierarchy, and I am wondering if there is any tool around which will
allow me to select say 'England' and list the counties, select a county
and list city/town/village.

I'm currently trawling through mistakes in the Facebook places list (
where everything you are allowed to select is a city ;) ) and having
added over 50 places which mistakenly have 'slough' in the title to
http://www.jasonfriend.me/facebookplaces/w/editing:incorrectlyspelledcities:europe:uk
the next step is to work through the rest of London which is known to
have many places with the wrong borough identified.

I'm sure someone has been playing with this and it may well be a useful
service that could be used for searches from websites? While nominatim
allows searches for A location I can't see a way to return all the
results for a particular hierarchy (or Hierarcy if you insist)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL