[Talk-GB] Proposed import of approximately 6 bicycle repair tool stands in the UK

Jonathan Bennett jonobennett at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 10:03:18 UTC 2015

On 04/03/2015 22:59, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> Ok, last call for comments.

I don't see a huge amount of support for automatically importing these
from the GB community. If there's such a small number, why not just list
them on this mailing list and local mappers can check the accuracy
before mapping them in the normal way.

> Please note this is an ongoing import, so new nodes will show up from
> time to time under the same conditions.

I'm not aware of any previous cases where the community has said it's OK
for an open-ended, ongoing import to happen. They've been done as
one-offs or in batches (e.g. Naptan) but there's always been a limited
set of data.

GB is well-enough served by local mappers for listing potential sites on
the wiki (for example) for later mapping to work. Directly adding
possibly erroneous locations to the map is just going to harm OSM's
reputation for being the most accurate map available.

J.