[Talk-GB] Fwd: Search but cannot find

Pmailkeey . pmailkeey at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 19 15:54:03 UTC 2015

Hi Dan,

On 19 March 2015 at 08:15, Dan S <danstowell+osm at gmail.com> wrote:

> > On 18 March 2015 at 17:54, Ed Loach <edloach at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> A wiki search for admin_ref finds
> >>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_Tagging_Guidelines#Tagging_Road_Numbers
> >>

> > There's a right way to tag road numbers and a wrong way. The above is the
> > wrong way.
>
> Thanks but this is a bit unhelpful - could you explain what you mean
> please?
>
> Dan

All 'tagging' is doing is effectively naming the database field in which
the attribute is being placed. Road numbers all belong in the road number
field irrespective of what the number is. If map renderers don't want to
use C and U numbered roads, that is up to them to ignore and not for
mappers to place in a different field in the database.

Doesn't that seem a more logical approach to the issue ?

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property
& pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>