[Talk-GB] weeklyOSM 243 now in English

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 16:20:26 UTC 2015

> On 21 March 2015 at 21:18, Manfred A. Reiter <ma.reiter at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The weekly round-up of OSM news, issue # 243, is now available online in
>> English, giving as always a summary of all things happening in the
>> openstreetmap world: http://www.weeklyosm.eu
>
> This is an excellent serve, thank you.
>
> Might I suggest compiling and archiving, it on the OSM Wiki? We could
> then use a script to distribute it to the talk pages of interested
> mappers.

It is a really nice service. But I'm puzzled why you'd want it on the
wiki? I can't think of an advantage, so there must be something I've
missed. The weekly already provides RSS feeds in multiple languages
(wow, great!) as well as email subscription, so it's easy for
interested people to keep track of it. Plus the weekly website has a
nice web design to suit its purpose.

> and of course the scripts used should be open source.

Usually, it's for the author of the script to decide if the script is
open source.

Best
Dan