[Talk-GB] GB postcodes

Stuart Reynolds stuart at travelinesoutheast.org.uk
Thu Mar 26 10:20:04 UTC 2015

We certainly use postcodes for routing within traveline - they are unambiguous. Indeed, I was considering a task only yesterday to use postcode polygons as a means of assigning postcodes to bus stops.

Collection times are increasingly meaningless, thanks to the dear old Post Office replacing them with “there will be a collection here before 5pm” (rather than "at X pm") type of notices (at least around here, anyway, and I believe that it is generally true)

Regards,
Stuart