[Talk-GB] elsan_points

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Fri May 1 16:22:11 UTC 2015

On 30/04/15 22:49, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 3:05 PM, Lester Caine <lester at lsces.co.uk
> <mailto:lester at lsces.co.uk>> wrote:
>
>     tag -> disposal_point
>
>     Values
>     pump_out:grey         (No sewage)
>     pump_out:black        (Contains Sewage)
>     pump_out:bilge        (May contain oil)
>     pump_out:restricted   (note advise restrictions)
>     dump:black            (may have restrictions?)
>     chemical:contained    (cartridge style disposal)
>     chemical:clean_down    ('wet' disposal with clean down facility)
>     chemical:gel_only     (may be other restrictions depending on country?)
>
>     Access
>     clients_only          (marina or campsite or leisure facility clients)
>     public_free           (council provided facility?)
>     public_fee:rates      (see debate in Oz about lack of public
>                            facilities even if they paid for access)
>     LOCATION should show if it's private access to boats or other vehicles
>     Payment methods or private access also expand the data.

> Ok, so if understand, in that proposal a UK canal "waterway=elsan_point"
> might be re-tagged like:
>
>     /disposal_point=yes/
>
>     /chemical:contained=yes
>     chemical:clean_down=yes
>     /
>     /chemical:gel_only=no
>     /
>     /chemical:restrictions=uses a septic field, and only biodegradable
>     tank chemicals are allowed.//
>     /
>
>     /access=/public_fee:rates
>
>     /boat=yes/
>     /motor-home=no/

NO ...
amenity=marina
disposal_point=chemical:clean_down
access=clients_only

I see no reason for boat or motor-home ... that is determined by the
presence or absence of camping grounds on the marina. If the marina is a
day boat facility it may well have caravan and RV pitches for those who
want to stay overnight and having to add duplicate tags is pointless? It
is the ACCESS tags which determine who can access the facilities, And if
there is no publicly accessible route to the facility anyway ...

> Perhaps next to a:
>     /water_point=yes/
>     /access=public_free/

Access to that may well be different to the disposal facilities!
Emergency access to drinking water should be universal.

> The tags boat=yes and motorhome=no are not universally processed by rendering.  Thus most
> of the time the feature will show up undifferentiated.

I see no value to those tags at all ...

> OpenSeaMap has chosen to use it's own tags in part to avoid motorhome features showing up
> on Mariner's map.

If they don't want to show publicly accessible facilities simply because
they are not 'boat users only' then that is up to them. It just seems
wrong especially when one starts looking at the sort of combine leisure
facilities that are being developed in many countries. There are some
interesting comments on the sanidumps sites about access to
'government/council' provided facilities being restricted where they
should be universally accessible be that from land or water.

If your map only shows half of the facilities you can ACTUALLY use then
I think I would be using a different map?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL