[Talk-GB] What was the outcome of the discussion about C class roads with ref tags?

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Mon May 4 00:18:50 UTC 2015

Hi

I seem to remember there was general consensus that C class roads
shouldn't have their reference number in the ref tag as they aren't
really for public use, such as on signs or maps, but the official use of
local councils etc.

It was suggested, therefore, to swap them to a tag like off_ref, or some
such similar. Was this agreed upon?

If there is consensus I personally think this would be a valid use of a
mass edit due to the large number http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/98Y Does
anyone have experience of doing such a auto edit?

Cheers
Dave F.

---