[Talk-GB] What was the outcome of the discussion about C class roads with ref tags?

SomeoneElse lists at atownsend.org.uk
Mon May 4 10:25:41 UTC 2015

On 04/05/2015 11:10, Steve Doerr wrote:
> Personally, I quite like the fact that our map has C numbers on where
> other maps don't. What I don't like, though, is seeing U numbers for
> unclassified roads, which are cluttering up the map of my home area
> (http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/51.42292/0.34775).

... what _I_ like is the ability to create a map that shows whatever I
want it to show!

I certainly don't see the "standard" style as "our map" (singular) -
it's just one of many and these days isn't particularly useful for what
I normally use a map for.  That doesn't mean that it isn't a good
compromise though - there can't be "one perfect style for every possible
use".

Cheers,

Andy