[Talk-GB] What was the outcome of the discussion about C class roads with ref tags?

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Mon May 4 12:04:48 UTC 2015

On 04/05/2015 10:50, Philip Barnes wrote:
> I did do a test edit on changing ref=C/D/U to official_ref, however I
> reverted it after some problems mostly with path number continuing onto
> roads (which never happens)

There needs to be adequate verifying which is why it should be done by
someone with previous experience of mech edits.

Things to test for:
Is it a tertiary way
Does it have a ref that starts with 'C'
Is it followed by a number?
Is the number < 4 characters (unsure if there are any with 4 digits)
Does it already have a 'official_ref' tag?
etc

If there are tertiary ways that don't meet the above criteria they
should be listed in some form of text file for individual editing if
appropriate.

Dave F.