[Talk-GB] Quarterly Project "All things delivery-related" - an update

Craig Wallace craigw84 at fastmail.fm
Wed May 6 21:47:50 UTC 2015

On 2015-05-06 21:09, Philip Barnes wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-05-06 at 19:47 +0100, Rob Nickerson wrote:
>> That's interesting. Have just tried the app out. It gives you the
>> postboxes in OpenStreetMap but not the ones that are missing (as shown
>> by blue markers on Robert's comparison tool:
>> http://robert.mathmos.net/osm/postboxes/
>>

> Looks interesting and show maybe I should pay post boxes more attention.
>
> One issue I have with the postbox map, is the the area it returns is too
> small. There are towns that cannot be reached as a result.
>
> For example I enter SY4, and the rectangle returned misses Wem
> completely.

Drag the map to the correct place, then click the Permalink button (in
the bottom right). That will give you the postboxes centred on that view.

Or you can use the link for "OSM Post Box Progress", then pick your
postcode area and district. That will show you a map of all of the
postboxes in the district.