[Talk-GB] Ref names on Residential roads

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Tue May 12 11:10:12 UTC 2015

On 12/05/2015 11:30, Andy Robinson wrote:

> Where I see these on C/U roads I change the ref= tag to
> highway_authority_ref=
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy

I prefer that to official_ref. Much clearer origin.

General query:
As there are many of these around the country & auto edits are seriously
frowned upon by a minority, is there a semi-auto way to edit. For
instance, can the data be downloaded as XML, amended in a text editor
(find/replace) & then uploaded to merge with the database? Is that
possible in JOSM?

Regards
Dave F.

---