[Talk-GB] Possible collaboration with Amey

Brian Prangle bprangle at gmail.com
Mon May 18 11:25:45 UTC 2015

Hi everyone

I got the following request from Rick Robinson (formerly of IBM who spoke
at SotM 2013 and who is now IT Director, Smart Data and Technology for Amey
and who is a keen supporter of OSM). It would be good to respond positively.

*"I met recently with Amey’s account who perform work on the roads in
Wales, and found a possible opportunity to collaborate with OpenStreetMap.*

*Apparently, in order to inform the public about planned work on the roads,
we publish information on the website – but according to feedback, it’s not
used very much.*

*We’re in the very early stages of planning to run a form of hackathon /
ideas day to see how we could provide the information in a way that’s
easier for people to engage with – we’re going to bring some of our own new
graduate employees with social media skills into it, and work with the
local digital community.*

*Do you think that’s something OpenStreetMap would be interested to
participate in?*"

Regards

Brian