[Talk-GB] Proposed import of approximately 6 bicycle repair tool stands in the UK

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Tue May 19 19:40:59 UTC 2015

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 3:08 AM, <phil at trigpoint.me.uk> wrote:

> There is really no need to import this type of data in the UK where the
> mapping culture is to walk/cycle and just go and have a looksee. Well that
> applies to UK culture in general,  choosing to walk is not viewed with
> suspicion.
>
> Imho notes offer an easy to see/navigate to and are visible in osmand.
> Phil (trigpoint )

The import proposal that triggered the above discussion is now complete.

----------------
For the UK stations I added map notes for each of the six locations, but
none of those were followed up on by UK mappers.
The job was finished by my ringing up the reception desk at each of the
locations, and asking where the tool stand is.
Oddly, nobody thought I was nutters.

In contrast the USA import was done by importing the questionable data and
adding a map note.  That backlog of notes is rapidly dwindling.  Most were
spot on, some were across the street, almost all were within visual
distance.  One station was eventually declared MIA and deleted from both
OSM and the vendor database.  139 unique users made edits:

Adam_Piszczek 1
Agaric 1
AlgunCesar 1
BMEEOFTAI04_BZ2B48 1
Bkrumenauer 1
BrunoRemy 1
CaSalazarR 1
ChaoticMind 2
Chrysopras 1
Claudius Henrichs 2
Der Harry 1
Dero Bike Racks 7  <------- vendor --------------
Didger85 1
Donabel 1
FiroK 1
Fringillus 1
GBGrant 2
Galifardeu 1
Geert De Deckere 1
GeoGladbecker 1
GeoLaci 1
Gianluca Maggiori 1
Graham Jones 2
Gunnar Gissel 1
Irmaodassa 1
JEJackman 11
James Derrick 1
Janjko 1
JasonWoof 2
Jeff McAdams 1
Jesper Henriksen 1
Johancondor 1
Junaid Ahmed 2
Luuuddooo 1
Lübeck 1
M!dgard 1
MKnight 1
Mark McCarhy 1
Michael Bey 1
MikeN 1
Minh Nguyen 1
Nate_Wessel 2
Nessmuk 2
Nick Bolten 1
Ollie 1
Omnific 1
P JDB 1
Paul Johnson 3
Peter Beard 1
Peter Dobratz 3
Pourya Eini 1
RationalTangle 2
RicoElectrico 3
RoadGeek_MD99 1
Roshan shrestha 1
Ryan Lash 1
SK53 1
Severin Kann 10
Sto-Sto 1
Sung Choi 1
Tika Rijal 1
Timothy Smith 1
ToeBee 2
Tumulucc 1
Walter Schlögl 1
Willis92 1
Yevgeny Gromov 1
Yiyi (itwikipedia) 1
Your Village Maps 1
aharvey 2
airdace 1
alesangiorgio 1
andis_project 2
andy51edge 2
bakasana 1
bbmiller 1
brbbl 1
briancartier 1
c-j-b 1
c1pr1an 1
camilacortess9 1
catoblepa 1
chachafish 4
chrismismis 1
dcguj 1
devinpp 1
dhetteix 1
digobike 1
dkunce 1
dolphinling 3
dydychan 1
elyk 1
erjiang 3
evills246 1
facucaldo 1
geigerni 1
geoffengland 1
gnuckx 1
gualtero 1
hadry 2
highflyer74 1
hobbesvsboyle 3
innosaint 2
johanespeter9 1
juan m arroyo 1
jwass 1
kamal_1jr 1
kcmapguy 1
kocio 2
kre3d 2
lasslo 1
luschi 3
marek kleciak 1
marsupilud 1
mccord42 1
midnightcomm 1
mikecc 2
mlayman09 1
nestor delgado 1
neuhausr 2
nunatakGIS 1
panarchos 1
paulo106 1
pnorman 1
rolvtuvom 4
rowisp 1
sa62039 1
sankeytm 3
shamai 1
sq7obj 1
svance92 1
szali 1
szydzio 1
tbsprs 1
treestryder 3
tyr_asd 1
wizz 1
Сергій Дубик 1

----
I've invited tool stand vendors I know of to contribute additional
locations directly to OSM.

This is a feature that if you need it, you really want to find the closest
one, because almost by definition your bike is not working well.