[Talk-GB] too many universities in Cambridge

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Fri May 22 11:40:56 UTC 2015

>> to render a map using a UK-wide rendering scheme that indicates
>> each university prominently
>
> What *would* you show for Cambridge (or other spread out ones) for this?
> Where actually *is* the University of Cambridge? What would you show that
> the current tagging doesn't already achieve?

It doesn't matter what I would do. The UoC tagging is inconsistent
with the tagging for other universities, in a way that means no-one
can currently design a UK-wide map render that can handle universities
properly.

I understand that you don't like this erupting under your feet, but
I'm afraid that's what happens in wiki-like systems. Please, please be
happy that I'm a considerate map editor who tries to discuss rather
than just to edit. We have absolutely no guarantees that a map editor
who loves consistency but doesn't love communication will not break
your schema at any moment!

I'd be really grateful if you could comment on my suggestion about
modifying the building tags.

Best
Dan