[Talk-GB] too many universities in Cambridge

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Fri May 22 13:49:13 UTC 2015

On 22 May 2015 at 14:27, David Earl <david at frankieandshadow.com> wrote:
> Andy, the operator tags are all the same, not the building names.

No, they really aren't.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/148247775 - "Churchill College
(University of Cambridge)"
http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/12861651 - "University of Cambridge"
http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/98523431 - "Clare College (University
of Cambridge)"

Read what I said, please:

>> If there were two objects tagged as universities with
>> identical names within a few dozen miles, I could make a guess they
>> are the same university and write some rendering rules to suit.

I make no assertion that all parts of the same university are within a
dozen miles.

I hope you realise that your tagging (using tags that imply 1200
different universities) is causing problems, and think "what could I
do to help other people" rather than "I don't want to change
anything".

Thanks,
Andy