[Talk-GB] ooops.... I destroyed a building...

SomeoneElse lists at atownsend.org.uk
Wed May 27 20:46:13 UTC 2015

On 27/05/2015 21:29, thomas van der veen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just did a quick update to a path in Newbury and goes through a
> tunnel in a building... but my edit seems to have destroyed the
> building and I am not sure how to get it back.
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/51.40251/-1.32458
>
> is the location. The Santander bank is gone. Does anyone know how to
> make the building appear again?
>
> TIA!!!

Should be sorted now.  What seemed to have happened was that the north
wall of the bank which was shared with the south wall of the next
building had got merged with the footpath / tunnel, and the three walls
of the bank no longer appeared as a building because it wasn't closed on
the north side.  I removed the "bank" tags from the footway and closed
the building, so hopefully it should look OK now.

It might be that it would be better having a small gap between the two
buildings down which the footpath runs (presumably there is a gap at
ground floor level but not above) rather than having the tunnel sharing
nodes with the walls of the adjacent building, but at least the bank's
back as a building now.

Cheers,

Andy