[Talk-GB] Secondary, tertiary and unclassified

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Wed Nov 4 18:20:38 UTC 2015

On 04/11/15 13:31, Andy Townsend wrote:
> No - the "rules" for trunk, primary and secondary are as spelt out by
> Tom Hughes, and have worked well.  There are minor exceptions where the
> official classification hasn't caught up (e.g. something that's
> "officially" an A road that you can't drive down most of the time) but
> let's try not to make things more complicated than they need to be.

There are no problems with that ... it is just the whole secondary layer
that is in a mess at the moment, with half of the roads difficult to see
on both the new rendering and on the Mapquest version. That many 'B'
roads are of lower capacity than some of the unclassified rural roads is
the problem I'm trying to work around ... but need to work out the
licensing on
http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/downloads/download/924/searches_and_adopted_roads_classified_and_unclassified_roads
next :)

--