[Talk-GB] Best practice to add stabilisation types to shores and banks

tshrub my-email-confirmation at online.de
Fri Oct 2 21:25:58 UTC 2015

main object is, to mark ways with the type of shoreline stabilisations,
such as „boulder-packs“ or sheet piling:
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:AmburgoBattello2.jpg>

tag-combination:
- barrier=wall
- material=stone (metal, wood, plastic)
- wall=boulder (fascine, breakwater, groyne, sheet_piling, wattle_work,
tetrapod_blocks)

technical issue:
does problems cause by fragmenting the ways a little more into sections
to give them the stabilisation feature?
# single ways waterway=stream, waterway=river und
# areas waterway=riverbank, natural=water
(I don't think so)

may be introducing a new value from the beginning like
barrier=stabilisation + stabilisation=boulder
because wall is actually for „freestanding structures“, but „barrier“
might fit: restrict or prevent against the elements ... Or (what I
think) later, if wished, afterwards?

Double values like „sheet_piling; boulder“ are depreciated? Sometimes,
on bottom they set a sheet piling and on top you see a boulder ballasting.

For single waterways with *unequal* stabilisations:
- wall:left=boulder
- wall:right=fascine
Or
- boulder=left
- fascine=right
in this case, is it possible to set
- wall=boulder; fascine
(I would prefer first)

Are my choosen value-terms common in the english language area?
I'm not sure for this „boulder“ ballasting (see photo-link above).

The „stabilisation-tags“ are interesting from skipper, tourists up to
landscape history.
In middle-europe, stabilisations are all-round.

best,
t.