[Talk-GB] User dataone: "splitting into 2 way to tag restriction "

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 15:21:33 UTC 2015

(let's try that again with an actual message)

I did have a bit of a conversation on some of the earliest of their changesets, but didn't really get a sense of why the roads were being split. You could argue that splitting a piece out "prior to surveying what the height restriction actually is" is ok, but i'd be worried that the "surveying" bit wouldn't actually happen. In one of the changeset discussions it was suggested to me that I could verify a height restriction by looking at GSV; naturally I mentioned that this would be an inappropriate source for OSM (and to be fair, when I last looked a few days ago I was unable to see any GSV-sourced heights.
 ‎
I'm away for a few days dodging raindrops in Wales so won't be able to deal with it directly, but as ever the best way of bringing it to the DWG's attention is the usual ‎data at osmfoundation.org email address.

Cheers,
Andy (SomeoneElse)
‎