[Talk-GB] Tracks key in UK

ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com
Sun Oct 11 09:02:42 UTC 2015

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 11:25:34PM +0100, Antje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I came across this page by chance this evening: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:tracks
>
> Given that a majority of UK railways now have individual tracks mapped, do we really need to plan some sort of phase out this tag in the country soon? It also appears that definition appears vague.

Yes, but... If I travel along an new section of a railway with a gps on
one track and look out of the window to note there are other tracks,
surely it is a reasonable initial mapping to use the tag to record that
there are other tracks.

I agree that this is not going to be common, but it still seems to have
utility.

ael