[Talk-GB] Tagging street areas controlled by rising bollard barriers

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 22:44:58 UTC 2015

On 19/10/2015 18:29, Michael Maggs wrote:

> How do I go about tagging rising bollard barriers that are used to
> control vehicular access to an area of streets? There have been some
> new rising bollards installed in Bath recently which block most motor
> vehicles between the hours of 10am and 6pm, but which allow access at
> other times.   Both the bollards themselves, and more importantly the
> street areas that are controlled by them, need tagging in some
> suitable way.  Selecting either cars=yes or cars=no seems wrong.

(to slightly tweak Rob's answer elsewhere)

I'd go with "motor_vehicle:conditional" rather than
"access:motor_vehicle:conditional".  Taginfo has 3000 for the latter and
12 for the former:

http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=access%3Amotor_vehicle%3Aconditional

http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=motor_vehicle%3Aconditional

Cheers,