[Talk-GB] Coastline - my botched attempt to re-align ?

Bogus Zaba bogsub at bogzab.plus.com
Fri Oct 23 13:02:17 UTC 2015

A seawall was recently re-built in west Rhyl. As a result, and following
two GPS surveys, earlier this week (Tue 20/10) I moved three features on
the coast in West Rhyl. These were : the coastline, the boundary of a
beach and the route of a cycleway which follows the new seawall.

The cycle route and the beach boundary now render correctly on Mapnik
and on the cycle map. However the coastline appears to follow the
previous version (complete with some characteristic details which used
to describe coastal structures on the old seawall). This has led to a
rendering which shows a sliver of sea inland of my new coastline, beach
and cycleway. See here:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/53.3173/-3.5020

If I import the current OSM data into JOSM I can see no reason why this "ghost" coastline should appear in any
rendering. There are no ways shown in the area where Mapnik and the Cyclemap show this sliver of the Irish Sea.

Anybody suggest what I have done wrong and how to right it?

Thanks

bogzab

--
Dr Bogumil N Zaba