[Talk-GB] Quarterly Project: Nature Reserves

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 16:08:28 UTC 2015

Hi Brian,

Original map was not based on OSM at end September, but I may be able to
cobble up something else.

SPAs etc. are not Nature Reserves: they are protected areas. There is much
overlap between them, but many NRs are not technically protected areas: see
Nick Moyes blog for the saga of The Sanctuary
<http://nickmoyes.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/how-much-does-it-cost-to-not-build.html>
LNR in Derby. I think it is worth tagging whether something is a NNR or
LNR: to date I think the designation tag has been used.

Nor has anyone tried to map SINCs which may or may not be NRs, but
certainly aren't protected areas.

Jerry