[Talk-GB] Quarterly Project: Nature Reserves

tshrub my-email-confirmation at online.de
Mon Oct 26 12:23:54 UTC 2015

Hey Brian,

Brian Prangle schrieb:
> Do we need to tag Natura 2000 SACs and SPAs?  I've looked at the
> protected_area wiki page and quite frankly lost the will to live. From
> looking at taginfo the tagging schema doesn't appear to be too popular
> in the UK.

someone from the UK should try to "familiarise" or incorporate Britains
tagging schema into the table?
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:boundary%3Dprotected_area#Nature-protected-areas>

by areal access or action restictions, you have different types or
layers. For example: a SAC often emerged out of an (old) nature reserve,
so a SAC commonly covers and overlap(!) one. And those both might again
covered (partial) from another type...

you know that site: <http://www.protectedplanet.net/>
there are too britain areas and you can deviate protect_classes

a SAC would be
boundary=protected_area
+ protect_class=97

for nature reserves
+ protect_class=4
I still use in addition landuse=nature_reserve because of visualisation

regards,
tshrub