[Talk-GB] Quarterly Project: Nature Reserves

tshrub my-email-confirmation at online.de
Tue Oct 27 16:11:36 UTC 2015

Hey Brian,

Brian Prangle schrieb:
> Thanks for the simplification of that huge wiki down to 2 tags - I can
> cope with that!
>
> The protected planet website looks like a useful resource but
> unfortunately it has this copyright statement : © ProtectedPlanet
> 2014-2015. All rights reserved.  So we shouldn't use it.****So what do I
> use as a source for Natura 2000 status?
Another special NATURA 2000 viewer: <http://natura2000.eea.europa.eu/>

talk to the local municipality, the resort for nature care or a similar
societies or non-governmentals.
Some governments provides protected-areas-website like:
<http://www.geodienste.bfn.de/schutzgebiete/> with IUCN-categories**.

All Natura 2000 areas are for protect_class=97, for "protected by
continental agreements":
the NATURA2000-network - Special Areas of Conservation (SAC) is builded
or composed by
# Bird, ... -Sites - Special Protection Areas (SPAs),
# Habitats Sites - Sites of Community Importance (SCIs) and
# some marine environments
<http://ec.europa.eu/environment/nature/natura2000/index_en.htm>, in the
wiki a "continental" protect-status.

*continental* (97) and *international* (98) status are centralised
respectively to one protect_class to reduce the wikis complexity and
because those status might be less important: they are mostly more
"awards" than directives or rule-informations (these are on "lower"
level areas). (Its still possible, bringing those status onto the
protect_class too, may in the 70th or 80th numbers, but ...)

untill now, NATURA 2000-seperations (to SPAs, SCIs, marine) are
possible, or allotted by "additional keys" like
# protection_title=* (Special Protection Area (SPA) - NATURA 2000 (SAC)),
# protection_object=* (birds),
any maybe ref-notations, in this format
# ref:ABBR:name=* + ref:ABBR:source=* + ref:ABBR:category=* + ref:ABBR=*
for example a wdpa-ID
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Database_on_Protected_Areas>:
ref:WDPA=1234567 or more near "NATURA 2000" ref:SPA=UK123401
(its just suppose. There should be registers with the IDs of SACs
(or/and SPAs, SCIs and marins) ... I'll look for a register ...

so in a web- or OSM-search, you might find "NATURA 2000 (SAC)" etc..
That is the point.
I just see, lots of user named the area just "NATURA 2000". Its no name
and wrong on my view. Maybe it can follow the name, like: "Dunes of
glory (NATURA 2000)"...

 > ... copyright statement ... All rights reserved
**btw.: On my view, the taxpayers are financing the WDPA ... and/but
"Protected Planet was ... largely funded by investment from the private
sector."
(<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Database_on_Protected_Areas>) - I
think, belongs more to the website technc itself. And to the data: they
hadn't OSM on their mind. ... I don't know. you can take their
website-infos for a first orientation and than ask the municipality ...
maybe even the ProtectedPlanet-maker are wrong sometimes, so you get
more serious data.

UK Protected Site websites
<http://jncc.defra.gov.uk/Default.aspx?page=4>
<http://ec.europa.eu/environment/nature/natura2000/db_gis/index_en.htm#sites>

> Also isn't the tag leisure=nature_reserve?
oh - a scatty annotation alongside me. sorry, yes, sure.
(because the "leisure" is more unfitting for me than "landuse" ... )

regards,
tshrub