[Talk-GB] 'Romantic London' - reusing Horwood's 1790's map

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 16:13:21 UTC 2015

There are several old maps of London on wikimedia, notably Roque's of 1745
& Greenwood's of 1830. There is no reason why these should not be processed
using MapWarper (can be done directly using the wikimedia instance).

I have some notes from a seminar I attended at Nottingham University last
year about a late Georgian London map, will have to dig them out.

Also relevant is that the OldHouse printed version of Roque's map of
Georgian London is now available via Amazon quite cheaply
<http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1908402547?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00>..
This is very detailed on 4 sheets: an ideal Xmas prezzie!  Postscript Books
were selling some of the other maps in this series, including Birmingham
1828
<http://www.psbooks.co.uk/products/reference/item/a-street-map-of-birmingham-1828>.
(Old House were part of Shire/Osprey which was taken over by Bloomsbury
earlier this year).

Jerry