[Talk-GB] 'Romantic London' - reusing Horwood's 1790's map

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 17:02:52 UTC 2015

> This is excellent - but didn't the NLS do something similar not long ago?

You mean this? http://maps.nls.uk/view/102342014#zoom=6&lat=2270&lon=3124&layers=BT
If so, I can't find a way to switch quickly between OSM-vs-old.
Perhaps it's not georeferenced. Also their maps are later, so
"Bencroft's Alms Houses" had already become "Bancroft's Hospital" ;)

I know the British Library had that crowdsourcing map-warper project,
too. Not sure if there's a slippy-map as with Horwood's - anyone?

Dan