[Talk-GB] Restoring a usable map service!

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Sat Oct 31 02:47:04 UTC 2015

On 31/10/15 02:21, Steve Doerr wrote:
> Lester,
>
> In the short term, would substituting http://tile.openstreetmap.fr/
> solve your rendering problems?

Interesting thought ... that actually solves one of the todo items on my
own style sheet tweaks in that the French version actually shows the
county boundaries a lot clearer, but switching to a large view which has
French attributions and overlays may simply add to the confusion :(

Having sold clients on the idea that we can show all the right parking
and access around their premises on a UK style map, many have been
helping by providing finer detail and corrections in their areas. I KNOW
the phone will be ringing Monday if not before. In many of their areas
Google and Bing are simply white blanks!

OK ... where do I get a copy of the osmfr layer style sheet :) That is
rendering the area around here a lot nicer than the 'default at OSM.org'
... everything is a lot crisper.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL