[Talk-GB] useless survey?

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 20:54:38 UTC 2015

First of all - thank you for "properly mapping" this bit of the country.

Wales tends to be a bit of a poor relation when it comes to
on-the-ground mapping (like some of the other bits of the island also
far from population centres).  For those who aren't familiar with it,
often the mapping away from the major tourist areas such as Snowdon, Pen
Y Fan etc. is a mix ex-NPE waterways, footpaths from GPS traces and
other bits filled in from Bing and the recollections of holidays long
past.  For someone to come along and survey it properly and bring things
up to date will be a huge improvement to the quality of the map there.

It's a shame that you've met resistance doing this.  With regard to the
two sides to the argument, I'd tend to believe the person that writes
changeset comments over the person that doesn't :)

Cheers,

Andy (SomeoneElse)

PS:  If you come back at any stage may I suggest mid-Wales?  Quite a lot
there is still as it came from NPE: http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/bta