[Talk-GB] "historical edits" in Bristol (was "Re: Birmingham New Street station re-opens")

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 22:20:56 UTC 2015

On 21/09/2015 22:36, Neil Matthews wrote:
> I want to flag up a couple of "historical edits" in Bristol:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/34126960
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/34147883
>
> it might be wise to check other edits from this user.
>
> Many thanks,
> Neil (ndm)
>
> P.S. Unfortunately, the "whodidit" service isn't operating 100% --
> this makes it harder to pick up problems.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user_blocks/812

Sigh.

On behalf of the Data Working Group I've already been in touch with the
user several times (as have other mappers), to no avail it seems.  There
was a previous block about 9 days ago and I reverted a bunch of edits
flagged as fantasy ones then.  I'd hoped that subsequent edits were more
likely to be valid as they were mostly confined to Weston.

I've just now reverted the two Bristol changesets mentioned in
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-gb/2015-September/017789.html
.

At least one of the locals in Weston is I believe keeping an eye on
things.  There are also a couple of edits in Manchester (
http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/34135755 and immediately prior)
which might need looking at.  Previous to that there have been attempts
to "resurrect" dead theme parks such as The American Adventure near
Heanor and Camelot near Charnock Richard (see note
http://www.openstreetmap.org/note/433582 for one outstanding query
there), and also edits to theme parks overseas (mostly since tidied by
local mappers).

Cheers,

Andy (SomeoneElse)