[Talk-GB] phone boxes used for other purposes

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 20:10:14 UTC 2016

I made a quick umap of existing defibrillators:
http://umap.openstreetmap.fr/en/map/defibrillators-uk_81299#7/53.898/-2.670

There are several hotspots: including Tendring, Trafford, Fermanagh,
Nottingham. Of these Trafford data is probably complete, originating from
the council OpenData, and thus might provide a useful baseline of how many
to expect in a given local authority. I'm not sure how well located the
Trafford ones might be; I've looked at a few in Sale & they don't seem to
be associated with the typical locations: village halls, convenience
stores, post offices, pubs etc.

My impression is that it's not unreasonable to expect to find one in most
villages: they seem to be something that parish councils can sort out for
themselves.

Jerry