[Talk-GB] Overpass query help - roads within a ward

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 23 14:24:28 UTC 2016

Unsure if it's the reason but Church Road doesn't share all the nodes.
At the junction of Stoney Lane it's inside the boundary.

I wouldn't lay multiple ways on top of each other as in Landsdowne
Place. The main point of relations was to allow entities such as
boundaries to be tagged into ways (see the bus route relation on Church
Road).  It makes it extremely hard to select the correct ways in some
editors.

Dave F.

On 23/04/2016 14:20, Tom Chance wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It has been a very long time since I last posted here!
>
> I'm trying to use the Overpass API to extract all the roads within the
> bounds of a relation, in this case a local government ward. Can anyone
> spot the problem in the data?
>
> Here's the example I'm working with:
> http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/fPI
>
> The problem is that some roads aren't being downloaded with the query.
>
> If you follow that link and run the query, you'll see that the top
> section of Belvedere Road, and all of Landsdowne Place, are excluded.
> There are a few others like this on the edges of the area.
>
> I thought it might be because the way used by the boundary relation
> runs down the same nodes as those roads. But just at the top of those
> roads, the A-Road Church Road is downloaded despite being represented
> in the data in the same way.
>
> I tried putting a 'kink' in the boundary way down at the other end of
> Landsdowne Place where it meets Fox Hill so it 'encompasses' a node,
> but that didn't help.
>
> I hope this all makes sense, and maybe somebody can help?
>
> Tom
>
> web: http://tomchance.org <http://tomchance.org/>
> twitter: http://twitter.com/tom_chance
> facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TomChanceGP