[Talk-GB] Overpass query help - roads within a ward

Neil Pilgrim osm-talk-gb at kepier.clara.net
Sat Apr 23 15:42:07 UTC 2016

I've had a play with this since I've been working with overpass turbo a bit
recently; the best I've come up with so far is something like this:
  http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/fPR (waaaay over-commented ;))
As you'll see, this does include these roads, but does also include roads
leaving the area.
If you un-comment the relation, then that shows the boundary too, which I
found useful for debugging.
This may be able to be simplified/optimised, but I've gone with what works,
and I switched to using a timeout/json as I'm used to that :)
If the ways missing were part of the relation then I think
way(r.A)[highway][name] should select them too, but that's not how the
relation is composed.

Hope that gives some other ideas, if nothing else :)

--
Neil