[Talk-GB] UK chapter

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Wed Apr 27 22:23:40 UTC 2016

On 27/04/2016 16:11, Brian Prangle wrote:
> Dave I couldn't agree more, but for a formal organisation then I'm
> afraid the bureaucratic activities are a necessary evil. I'm sure all
> of those engaged in this process are like me and would rather be out
> mapping.

Then why don't you? From the previous threads I've read it appears it's
being established because it can rather than any actual need.

> And there'll always be mappers who don't want to join any formal
> organisation, just map. Those of you like this can safey ignore us.
> Hopefully you'll still benefit from the organisation's activities
> prmoting OSM in the UK

And likewise you'll be able to benefit from the mappers who will improve
the quality of the database, which, I /really/ believe needs to be
iterated, is the *core* purpose of OSM.

I have a inkling I will be repeating that in future posts as I feel some
are loosing sight of what OSM is about.

Dave F.

---