[Talk-GB] Schools

Christian Ledermann christian.ledermann at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 18:13:55 UTC 2016

I chose Multipolygon because schoolgrounds may consist of more than 1
polygon e.g both sides of a street:

------------------
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:multipolygon says:

... this model only works for areas the outline of which consists of
one single way, and which do not have holes. Any area that is more
complex than that (e.g., because its outline consists of several ways
joined together, or because the area consists of multiple disjunct
parts, or has holes) requires a multipolygon relation.

----------------

A single polygon is just an edgcase of a multipolygon.

If the consensus is that schoolgrounds which consist only of a single
polygon (without holes) should be rather mapped as a closed way I can
change this

On 4 August 2016 at 18:39, Andy Townsend <ajt1047 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/08/2016 15:22, Andy Allan wrote:
>>

>> I had a look at a few of these, and they seem to be simple shapes that
>> I'd normally tag on the ways (i.e. they are multipolygons with only a
>> single outer way). This seems strange to me - is it intended? Is it
>> desirable?
>>

> Maybe they'd be better as ways, but (assuming the data's OK of course)
> presumably they're better as relations than not mapped at all?
>
> Cheers,
>

> Andy

Best Regards,

Christian Ledermann

Newark-on-Trent - UK
Mobile : +44 7474997517

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/christianledermann
https://github.com/cleder/

<*)))>{

If you save the living environment, the biodiversity that we have left,
you will also automatically save the physical environment, too. But If
you only save the physical environment, you will ultimately lose both.

1) Don’t drive species to extinction

2) Don’t destroy a habitat that species rely on.

3) Don’t change the climate in ways that will result in the above.

}<(((*>