[Talk-GB] Schools

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 12:59:24 UTC 2016

On 5 August 2016 at 13:41, Colin Smale <colin.smale at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> What I meant was, having established that some (many?) schools will need to
> use the MP model, all consumers (for this data) will need to be ready to
> process MPs anyway.

Our mapping conventions are based on our mappers, not consumers. As
you say, it's easy for the consumers to handle both situations, but
it's harder for mappers to deal with multipolygons-with-one-outer than
just a basic closed way.

Multipolygons are there to deal with the difficult situation, not to
make the most common situation more complicated.

We *must* keep putting the mappers first.

Thanks,
Andy